Who We Are
About Colorado Premium
Colorado Premium is led by a team of meat experts and industry veterans who collectively understand and execute best processes and procedures. We are leaders in precision meat cutting and optimizing efficiency, and we use the best technology available to give our customers an advantage. We can deliver mass customization and have proven success in driving costs down for our clients.
From executive leadership to mid-management, our company has an intense, daily focus on maintaining remarkable quality and food safety. This leads to constantly exceeding our customers’ expectations, both with their product requirements and their internal quality and safety standards.
At the heart of Colorado Premium, you’ll find an entrepreneurial spirit that provides direction for our vision. We comprehend the unique business circumstances our customers can face. We push ourselves to adapt new product development techniques and thrive at finding ways to accomplish our customers’ needs.
Executing With Precision
Colorado Premium has quality processes down to a science. We obsess over correct specifications, we measure and audit to ensure adherence to those specifications, and we embrace a culture of continuous improvement.
- High Quality Raw Materials – we implement stringent supplier specifications and protocol to ensure quality materials from receiving to shipping
- Driven by Specifications – clearly defined expectations, followed by adherence to processing standards and finished product specifications means the right product EVERY time
- Meat Expertise and Cold Chain Management – years of professional experience combined with meat science acumen means outstanding results with fresh meat
TECHNOLOGY AND A RELENTLESS FOCUS
Our advanced equipment and strict procedures enable us to operate with a relentless daily focus on food safety, quality and consistency. The food safety program at Colorado Premium utilizes the same advanced technology as the large packers, but with special day-to-day scrutiny that our smaller size allows.
USDA Beef Export Verification (EV) Program
- Fully implemented HACCP plans
- Validated antimicrobial intervention chemistries
- Global Food Safety Initiative third-party auditing
- 100% test-and-hold for all ground products
- 24/7 access for technical support and safety consultation
- Traceability and tracking using customized software
R&D = Custom product ideas + added value to our customers
Colorado Premium is unique. We develop products using the latest flavor trends and consumer data. We also have meat scientists and skilled meat cutters to create the perfect cut to carry every exciting flavor to shelf. These combined skillsets rarely exist within the same company. What this means to you is great flavors, affordable raw materials, and innovative cuts to drive your success.
- Match current products to supply your company’s expanding needs
- Take an idea from scratch and deliver an exceptional finished product
- Deep relationships with our suppliers
- Utilize the latest technology, flavor applications, and consumer trends
- Refined sensory evaluation skills